Philippines is one of the best overseas destination for Indian Students for studying MBBS. Phillippines education standard and Medical admission process are much better than other countries like Russia and China. Its interface with the western countries makes it a hot choice for MBBS studies. The safe atmosphere and friendly people have attracted students from all over the world. Among the overseas education programs in Philippines, Studying MBBS in Philippines is the favorite option among Indian students community.
Why Study MBBS in Philippines ?
- The MBBS Course of (Duration- 5.5 Years)Philippines is recognized and approved as equivalent to the MBBS Course by the MCI (Medical Council of India)
- Philippines medical universities are known for the high standard of education and also have listed in the IMED, ECFMG and WHO lists.
- Do not have any capitation fees systems as all universities are fully regulated and controlled by the Philippines ministry of education.
- Perfect climate. Climate ranges from 22 °C to 31 °C throughout the year. Similar pattern of diseases due to similarity in climate helps Indian students.
- English Medium of instruction, so no burden of learning native language.
- No system of Donation fees.
- Best hand-on clinical experience
- The country follows US education system so numerous career opportunities in English speaking countries like USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc.
- Low cost of living compared to other countries.
- Availability of Indian food
- Easy communication with local people as 94% of Filipinos speaks English.
- Interaction with a large number of patients as the country is one of the largest populated countries in the world
- Excellence Air connectivity from India
- Liberal country with easy documentation
- Large number of Indian Students and coaching for MCI screening test.
- Universities of the Philippines not only prepare for medical practice, but also prepare students for the MCI screening test.
- Affordable accommodation and living expenses
- Affordable tuition fees & travel cost
- World’s third largest English speaking country with highest literacy rate in Asia.
- Employment and permanent residency opportunities in countries like the United States of America, UK, Australia, Canada New Zealand etc
- Emphasis on more practical experience
- Highly qualified teaching faculty
- Cutting edge curriculum
- USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) test preparation
- International exposure
- Well established hospital infrastructure and laboratory facilities in Hospitals.
PHILIPPINES MBBS ADMISSION CRITERIA
- Students should have passed 12th (10+2) with science with 50% aggregate of physics, chemistry and biology
- Should have completed 17 years before 31st December
- Bachelor degree holders in Science
Documents required to study MBBS in Philippines
- Valid Passport
- Application form for student visa
- 5 Passport size photograph
- Medical fitness certificate
- Original Notice of acceptance (NOA)
- CEA –Police Clearance Certificate authenticated by the Philippine Embassy
- Visa Fees
Top 6 Medical Colleges in Philippines
The Philippines is a great country for medical education. All medical colleges in Philippines are strictly controlled by the Philippines commission on higher education. The Philippines follows the US system of Medical education though out the course that enable the students to develop employability skills through core development of each student through more practical exposure, technology and research oriented learning methods. The Philippines commission on higher education has listed the top ten medical colleges in Philippines Based on the facilities and passing student ratio. We Study Sure Educational consultants profoundly inspect best universities and below are the top Medical Colleges in Philippines for MBBS Course.
Top Medical Colleges in Philippines.
- Our lady of Fatima University
- University of Perpetual Help School of Medicine
- Manila central university
- AMA school of medicine
- DMMM state university
- South western university
Study MD in Philippines
Countries like Philippines which adopt American system education use the term “MD” (Doctor of Medicine )for medical degrees conferred to medical students and countries like India which adopt Commonwealth system of education use the term “MBBS” (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery) despite the difference in name both are graduate degrees and both are equivalent degrees. MD Medicine Degree in Philippines is recognized as equivalent to MBBS by the Medical Council of India.
Philippines Embassy in India:
50-N, Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, India- 110021.
Contact for More Details about MBBS/MD in Philippines