If you are looking to obtain the highest academic degree in English Literature, you are in the right place. The highest academic degree in English Literature is a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy). A PhD in English Literature can be pursued by individuals who have passed a Masters course like M.A in a relevant field of Humanities. PhD in English Literature is 3 years to 5 years course where Study & Research is done in the field of English Literature. Those who enjoy studying English Literature, a PhD in English Literature will be an excellent study course for them. Candidates have to devote themselves fully into the study course and have to do significant research work in the field of English Literature. Ph.D. in English Literature in Kerala can be pursued either a Full-Time mode of study or Part-Time mode of study.
A PhD in English Literature is a niche course which is perfect for individuals who have a keen interest in the subject. Through the course of the PhD, the candidate will be able to study & gain in-depth knowledge about English Literature, including the evolution, significance, and history of the subject. Individuals who want to teach English Literature in reputed Colleges & Universities should pursue a PhD in English Literature. During the course, the candidate has to perform independent research and write a Thesis on that research. At the end of the course, the candidate has to submit the Thesis to the University.
PhD in English Literature From Kerala Universities
Kerala is a great place to obtain a Ph.D. in English Literature. Many excellent universities over here offer a Ph.D. in English Literature. The average course fees for a PhD in English Literature in Kerala ranges anywhere between INR 12,000 to INR 1.5 Lakh depending on the University. After completing the PhD, candidates can expect a salary of anywhere between INR 5 LPA to 10 LPA.
Eligibility for PhD in English in Kerala (Part Time & Full Time)
To be eligible to pursue a PhD in English Literature, an individual needs to have passed a Bachelors course like B.A in humanities from a Government recognized University. The Master degree must be completed in a relevant field of humanities with English as a subject from a Government recognized University with at least 55% of marks. Reserved category students get a 5% to 10% marks relaxation depending on the University.
To get admission in a reputed college or University of Kerala, the candidate has to qualify in an entrance exam like:
- National Eligibility Test (NET JRE) conducted by UGC.
- State Level Eligibility Test conducted by the Kerala Government.
- Entrance Test conducted by Kerala University..
Fees for PhD in English Literature
The full course fees for a Ph.D. in English Literature is anywhere between INR 12,000 to INR 1.5 Lakh depending on the College or University. The fee details for any particular College or University can be found on the official website of the College or University. Make sure you check the fees when you are applying for PhD in English Literature from Kerala University, CUSAT, Calicut University, Kannur University, MG University etc.
Who should apply for a PhD in English Literature?
- Individuals who have completed the academic study of BA & MA in the field of English Literature and want to pursue higher studies.
- Someone who has an interest in the field of English Literature.
- Someone who wants to gain in-depth knowledge about the significance, history, and evolution of English Literature.
- Someone who wants to pursue research in the field of English Literature.
- Individuals who are looking to get a job of editor, writer, journalist, translators, etc.
- Individuals who want to teach English Literature at reputed Universities in India and abroad.
Salary after obtaining a PhD in English Literature
After obtaining a PhD in English Literature, an individual can earn anywhere in between INR 5 LPA to 10 LPA depending on the level of work experience. The salary keeps on increasing with experience and other factors. Just after passing the PhD in English Literature, an individual can earn about INR 5 LPA to 7.5 LPA.
PhD in English Literature: Career Prospects
A PhD in English Literature is the holy grail of academic qualification in the field of English Literature. Candidates gain extensive and in-depth knowledge of the subject during study.
Just after completing a PhD in English Literature, candidates get many job offers from reputed organizations with good pay. The major recruiting organizations are Media Houses, Publications, Literary Societies, Educational Bodies, Libraries, and others. There are many job profiles, including:
- Professional Writer.
- Proof Reader.
- Critical Journalist.
- Philosophical Journalist.
- English Language Expert.
- Literary Society Associate.
- University Professor.
How can Study Sure Help You?
We at Study Sure aim to offer our clients all the help needed throughout a PhD in English Literature. Our Educational Consultants will provide you with all the information that you might need regarding a Ph.D. in English Literature. If you want to know about the best Colleges & Universities in Kerala that offer a PhD in English Literature, you can contact us. We provide all the services that you might need during your PhD study, so be sure to contact us if you need any assistance.
Here is a list of the services that we provide
- Assistance in PhD Admission in Kerala & other states
- Assistance in Full-Time or Part-Time mode selection.
- Assistance in Topic Selection for Thesis
- Guidance in Thesis Writing.
- Assistance in Research Paper Writing.
- Assistance in PhD Project Report.
- Assistance in PhD Assignment Writing.
- Assistance in Research Work Guidance.
- Assistance in Synopsis Writing.
- Assistance in Problem Defining.
- Assistance in Problem Designing.
- Assistance in Proof Reading.
- Assistance in Plagiarism Checking.
- Assistance in Research Methodology.
- Assistance in Data Analysis.
- Assistance in Preparation for Viva-voce.
- Assistance in Publication in Journals.
Contact us for admission guidance of Part Time PhD in Law in Kerala, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh Etc…
For PhD in Law & Thesis Writing Help (Full Term & Part Time) please mail at email@example.com
Or Call Mr Shajan (Cochin Office) On 8304870611 / 8547120066