Kerala is a state in South India where many people aim at excelling in higher education. PhD or Doctor of Philosophy is the highest university degree that an individual can hold in a field of academic studies. An individual can obtain a PhD after he or she has completed a Masters Degree like M.Sc, M.Tech, M.Phil, M.A, MCA or MBA from a government recognized University. It usually takes three years to 5 years to complete the course of study for a PhD, and there are two modes of education, part Time and full Time. Part-Time PhD in Kerala is the most demanding course among the research scholars in South India.
PhD scholars have to submit a Thesis on the subject of study and research to the University. In a Full-Time Ph.D. course scholars have to stay at the University for the complete duration of the course study. In a Part Time PhD course, a candidate does not need to stay at the University. Part Time PhD is for those candidates, who want to pursue a PhD as well as do a job somewhere else. Majority of the candidates nowadays opt for the Part-Time PhD mode because it is very flexible and does not tie them to the University. There are many universities in Kerala that offer a Part-Time PhD course. There are many programs that you can choose from, depending on your interest. Holding a PhD can open many doors in an array of different fields, which makes it highly beneficial. So if you are living in Kerala and what to pursue a Part-Time Ph.D. you are in the right place.
Part-Time PhD Program in Kerala Universities
The demand for PhD degree has increased very much after UGC notification accepting PhD as a substitute for National Eligibility Test (NET). As per the press release by Government of India dated June 13th, 2018, New Delhi, PhD degree in the relevant subject will be a mandatory requirement for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Professors in Universities with effect from 1st July 2021.
Ph.D. degree holders get paid higher than others, and there more opportunities now for PhDs to get employed in higher educational institutions across India. Due to the increased demand, many universities like Kerala University started offering Part-Time Ph.D. programs in Kerala. PhD degree is the dream of many individuals who take up academics as their career. Majority of the students who pass Masters tend to move towards jobs, and that is why Part-Time Ph.D. is the best option for them. In a Part-Time Ph.D. course, individuals can keep working in their careers, and simultaneously, they can pursue a Ph.D. Many rules and norms that need to be followed by a candidate while pursuing a Part-Time PhD course depending on the University. It is very flexible, and an individual can plan everything according to his or her convenience.
More About PhD Programs in Kerala
Kerala is an excellent state in India for education, and it has been the most educated state of India for many years. There are many excellent universities in Kerala which offer fantastic study opportunities to students. A PhD Degree from Kerala Universities has a great value and global recognition. So, if you are a working individual living in Kerala and want to pursue PhD degree without losing your job, you can do so by opting for the Part-Time PhD in Kerala. Also, if you are moving to Kerala for a job and you want to pursue a Ph.D. you should keep reading to know more about Part-Time PhD programs in Kerala.
There is a myth that a Part-Time Ph.D. does not have as much value as a Full-Time Ph.D., but this is entirely false. A Part-Time Ph.D. is as good as a Full-Time Ph.D., and the majority of Ph.D. candidates opt to pursue Part-Time PhD. Please contact us for more information about part time PhD in Kerala 2019 2020.
Part time PhD in Kerala – is it Worth ?
Most of the working professionals prefer part time PhD programs in Kerala because a part time PhD program enhance their career prospects without sacrificing their career and experience. The benefit of doing part time PhD without your losing your valuable years will be very crucial eight years down the line as you can also have few years of valuable experience in your area of work.
Although the value and syllabus of the part time PhD program will be same as full time PhD full time PhD programs, part time scholars will not able to involve and learn the new skills as full time scholars as the research studies needs lot of time and intensive research. But if your domain of research matches with your work then your part time PhD will help you a lot.
Part-Time Ph.D in Kerala University -Details
Kerala University (also called University of Kerala) is one of the best universities in Kerala and highly reputed when it comes to Ph.D. education. It is a State Government operated University. If you want to obtain a Ph.D. in Kerala, it is one of the best universities offering Full Time as well as Part-Time mode of study.
Eligibility for Part-Time PhD in Kerala
To apply for a PhD Program, a candidate must hold a Masters degree like M.A, MCA, M.Sc, M.Tech, M.Phil, MBA or any other from a recognized university with at least 55% marks. Relaxation is available for reserved categories depending on the University. To apply in reputed universities, a candidate also has to pass entrance exams like GATE, UGC-NET, etc.
Fee Details for Part-Time Ph.D. in Kerala
The course fee for Part-Time Ph.D. in Kerala can be anywhere between INR 12,000 to INR 1,50,000 per year depending on the subject of study and the University.
- Individuals looking for in-depth study in their fields can do so by pursuing a PhD.
- A PhD can help individuals who want to secure top-position jobs in reputable companies.
- The dream of becoming a professor at a renowned university can come true for many individuals who hold a Ph.D.
- If someone is already working somewhere, they can get a bump in pay after they have obtained a PhD.
- In a Part Time PhD, an individual can study PhD while simultaneously working somewhere else.
- In a Part-Time PhD, the candidate can research and write the Thesis at his or her own pace.
- For teachers who want to pursue PhD, Part Time PhD is the best option as they can teach as well as they can finish up their PhD course.
Universities Offering Part Time PhD in Kerala
- Kerala University, Trivandrum.
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode.
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut.
- Cochin University of Science & Technology, Kochi.
- Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur.
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit.
- APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Trivandrum (Also called Kerala Technological University).
- Kannur University, Kannur.
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Kochi.
PhD Programs Offered by Universities in Kerala
- Communication & Journalism.
- Computational Biology.
- Computer Science.
- Environmental Sciences.
- Management Studies.
- Islamic Sciences.
- Medical Science.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Eligibility for Admission in Part-Time Ph.D. in Kerala University
The applicant should hold a Masters Degree like M.Phil, M.Sc, MCA, M.A, MBA or equivalent from a Government recognized University with at least 55% marks. For Reserved Category candidates, the required scores are 50%.In addition to that, the candidate has to qualify in any one of the following:
- The entrance test conducted by Kerala University.
- National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC/CSIR/ICAR/ICMR.
- State Level Eligibility Test conducted by the Kerala Government.
If a candidate holds a Fellowship awarded by the Central or State Government, he or she can apply for admission.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- If the candidate falls under any category mentioned below, they will be exempted from qualifying the Entrance Test:
- University/ College Professors who have more than seven years of teaching experience.
- Scientists who are working in either Government Research Laboratories or Autonomous Research Institutes with National Status for at least seven years and having two research papers published.
- Candidates, holding DBT/ JRF for a PhD in Biotechnology.
- Candidates with DST-INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Those who have qualified UGC-NET/ JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/ JRF, SLET, GATE and Research Fellowships of either the Central Government or State Government.
Part-Time PhD Registration
Part Time PhD in Kerala University is allowed subject to availability of vacancies. The application should also contain a ‘No Objection Certificate’ granted by the candidate’s employer showing his or her designation and years of service.
Application Forms can be filled online with an application fee of INR 525. For SC & ST category, the application fee is INR 265.
How to Apply?
- Visit http://research.keralauniversity.ac.in/ and register yourself.
- Submit all the required information and your academic details.
- Upload all the supporting documents.
- Upload your photograph and signature.
- Pay the Application Fees of INR 525 (For SC & ST candidates, the fees is INR 265).
- Take a print-out of your application for future reference.
How can Study Sure Help You?
Study Sure Educational Consultant provides updated information regarding the Part-Time PhD Programs in Kerala. We help you to find the best options for colleges and universities for Part time PhD programs in Kerala. We provide full assistance and guidance throughout the admission process of part-time PhD programs all over India and abroad. Contact us if you require information about the best universities and colleges offering part-time PhD programs in Kerala. We can help you with the admission guidance, the Topic Selection for your PhD and assistance for Thesis writing. If you want any information regarding universities in Kerala offering part time PhD programs in education, history, economics, bio technology, engineering, computer science, management, psychology, law, sociology, nursing, social work, Yoga, Music, Sanskrit etc, you can contact us, here is the list of the services that we provide to PhD candidates:
Our Services For PhD Programs in Kerala ( Full Term & Part Time)
- Assistance for Topic Selection for Thesis.
- Assistance for Thesis Writing.
- Assistance for Research Paper Writing.
- Assistance for Synopsis Writing Guidance.
- Assistance for PhD Project Report.
- Assistance for PhD Assignment Writing.
- Assistance for Research Work Guidance.
- Assistance for Problem Defining
- Assistance for Problem Designing
- Assistance for Proof Reading
- Assistance for Plagiarism Checking
- Assistance for PhD Topic Selection
- Assistance for Research Methodology
- Assistance for PhD Synopsis
- Assistance for PhD Journal Paper/Article writing
- Assistance for PhD Viva Voce
- Assistance for PhD Course work
- Assistance for PhD Result analysis
- Assistance for PhD Data Analysis
- Assistance for PhD Work implementation
- Assistance for PhD Part time Admission
- Assistance for PhD Full time Admission
Contact us for admission guidance of Part Time PhD in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh Etc…