APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (also known as Kerala Technological University (KTU)) is a State University located in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. It was established in 2014 and is both UGC and AICTE approved. APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University offers B.Arch & B.Tech degrees at the undergraduate level. At the postgraduate level, it offers M.Arch, MBA, MCA & M.Tech degrees. KTU PhD admission includes 20 PhD programs under 7 Research Departments including Architecture, Allied Inter-disciplinary Areas, Basic Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Management and Technology. The Research Departments of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University are top-notch and the research work conducted here holds very high value.
A PhD from APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University can be pursued in either one of three categories that include Full Time mode, Part Time mode or External Part Time mode. The duration of the PhD program is three years to 5 years. To obtain admission at APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, a candidate must have passed a Master’s degree. For Architecture, Engineering & Basic Science, the minimum marks required is 6.5 CGPA in the Master’s Degree. For Management, the minimum mark required is 6.0 CGPA in the Master’s Degree.
Admissions to PhD programs at APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University are conducted on the basis of an Entrance Test and Personal Interview, both of them being conducted by the University. Keep reading to know more about PhD Admission at APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University.
KTU PhD Admission: Eligibility Criteria
The following candidates will be eligible to apply for admission to PhD programs at APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University:
- The candidate must possess a Bachelors degree with an excellent academic record from a Government recognized University.
- The candidate must have passed a Master’s Degree from a Government recognized University in a relevant field of study.
- If the candidate holds a Master’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Basic Science, the minimum marks required is a CGPA of 6.5 or 60% marks.
- If the candidate holds a Master’s degree in Management, the minimum mark required is a CGPA of 6.0 or 55% marks.
- The candidate should have passed GATE or UGC-CSIR NET or CAT/ JMET/ XAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ GATE/ UGC for the purpose of registering for PhD depending on the relevant field of study.
- SC/ST and Differently-abled persons get a marks relaxation and are eligible for admission with a minimum CGPA of 5.5 or 50% marks in Master’s degree in any program.
The following candidates are exempted from the requirement of passing GATE or UGC-CSIR NET or CAT/ JMET/ XAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ GATE/ UGC for PhD Admission:
- Teachers of AICTE approved colleges or NBA accredited departments having at least three years of teaching experience.
- Candidates having at least three years of experience in a reputed industry as assessed by the University.
- Candidates who hold a fellowship or scholarship support from any Government agency.
KTU PhD Selection Process
- Applications for admission to PhD programs are available twice a year during January and July.
- The eligible candidates who apply for admission will have to appear for an Entrance Test which is a common written test based on the discipline.
- Candidates who qualify the Entrance Test will have to appear for a Doctoral Interview if decided by the University.
- The admission depends on the overall performance of the candidate.
- The selection of a candidate is provisional until the final approval by the University.
The following candidates are exempted from appearing for the Entrance Test:
- Candidates selected under QIP programme of AICTE.
- Candidates with UGC fellowship for PhD (JRF)
APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala PhD Admission: Categories of Admission
There are 3 categories for admission to PhD courses at APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. They are:
- Full Time Scholars of the University.
- Part Time Scholars. Part Time mode is allowed for (i) faculty members of the University Departments or Affiliated College, and (ii) candidates working in a reputed industry as assessed by the University for at least 3 years.
- External Part Time Scholars. Candidates who work in Research Organizations or R&D Departments recognized by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University can apply for External Part Time mode.
How to Apply?
Step 1: Go to the official website of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University.
Step 2: Check for the Admission Form.
Step 3: Register & Apply.
Step 4: Submit all the required Personal & Academic details.
Step 5: Upload all the required & compulsory documents.
Step 6: Pay the Application Fees.
Step 7: Final Submit.
Step 8: Print the Acknowledgement for later use.
PhD Course Fees
The course fees details are given below:
- Course fees for all the PhD programs are the same.
- The total fees per semester are INR 10,000. INR 4,000 per semester to the University and INR 6,000 per semester to the College.
- INR 15,000 is the one-time fees payable to the University while submitting the Thesis.
The PhD programs offered by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University are mentioned below:
- Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.
- Automobile Engineering.
- Basic Sciences.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Computer Applications.
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE).
- Electrical Engineering.
- Electronics Engineering.
- Electronics & Biomedical Engineering.
- Information Technology.
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Production Engineering.
How Can We Help You?
If you are looking to obtain admission to a Ph.D. Program at APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, be sure to contact us. We at Study Sure aim to help PhD candidates to get updated information about syllabus, odd even semester, entrance exam and also help them during the course of PhD. We offer many different services to PhD candidates which helps them during their course of study.
Contact us for admission guidance of Part Time PhD in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh Etc…
For PhD Programs & Thesis Writing Assistance in Kerala, Please mail Or Call Mr Shajan (Cochin Office)On 8304870611 / 8547120066
Or Click Here to Send Your Enquiry