Kannur University, located in Kannur Kerala, was established in 1996 and is accredited by NAAC with ‘B’ grade. It is well known in Kerala for research studies. The university has a very high reputation for Doctoral courses. The university offers about 40 research programs for PhD scholars. Other than that, Kannur University is also well known for the top-class undergraduate and postgraduate courses it provides. Kannur University PhD admission details like entrance examination, eligibility criteria, entrance results, and other information are given below.
There are about 40 Doctoral Research & Teaching courses offered by Kannur University. A PhD from Kannur University holds a very high value. A PhD course at Kannur University can be pursued Full Time and Part-Time. To obtain admission to a Ph.D. program at Kannur University, a candidate needs to hold a Master’s degree from a Government recognized university with at least 55% overall marks. The admission form for admission to a Ph.D. program at Kannur University will be available at the universities’ official site.
To obtain admission to a PhD program at Kannur University, a candidate will have to appear for an Entrance Test conducted by the university and qualify it. After qualifying the Entrance Test, the candidate will have to appear for a Doctoral interview at the university. The overall performance of the candidate in the Entrance Test and Interview is taken into consideration in the admission process. The total duration of a Ph.D. course at Kannur University is three years to 6 years. Women candidates get two-year relaxation.
If you are interested in obtaining admission to a Ph.D. program at Kannur University, keep reading to know about the Eligibility criteria, Selection process, Entrance Test, and Courses offered.
PhD Admission: Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to obtain admission in a PhD program at Kannur University:
- The candidate must have passed a Master’s Degree from a Government recognized university. The degree must be equivalent to the Master’s degree of Kannur University.
- The candidate must possess at least 55% marks overall in the Master’s Degree or an equivalent grade.
- PG candidates who haven’t received their final marks can also apply. Such candidates must score at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade) and produce the mark-sheet to the university before beginning the PhD course.
- Candidates who hold M.Phil degree with at least 55% marks from a Government recognized university can also apply.
The following category of candidates gets a relaxation of minimum marks required in the Master’s degree:
- SC & ST candidates get a 5% marks relaxation from 55% to 50%.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates get a 5% marks relaxation from 55% to 50%.
- Differently-abled candidates get a 5% marks relaxation from 55% to 50%.
PhD Entrance Exam & Selection Process
The eligible candidates who have applied for admission to a PhD program at Kannur University will have to appear for an Entrance Test conducted by the university and qualify it.
- The Entrance Test will be written and of 100 marks. The total duration will be of 3 hours.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test will be based on the curriculum for UGC/CSIR/NET examinations.
- The qualifying mark is 50% for general candidates.
- For OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates, the qualifying mark is 45%.
- For SC/ST candidates, the qualifying mark is 40%.
- If a candidate qualifies the Entrance Test, he or she will be called for a Doctoral Interview at the university.
- The admission of the candidate depends on his or her overall performance in the Entrance Test and Interview.
- The result of the entrance test will be displayed on the university website and the candidates recommended by the Doctoral Committee will be given admission to the PhD program.
The following candidates are exempted from the Entrance Test:
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET/ JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/ JRF.
- Candidates who are ICMRJRF/ KSCSTE/ ICAR Fellows.
- Kannur University-affiliated teachers.
Kannur University PhD Admission: How to Apply?
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university.
Step 2: Register and fill in all your details.
Step 3: Submit the Application.
Step 4: The Application & Entrance Test fees are INR 610, which shall be paid through SBI collect. To pay, click the link “Online fee payment SBI Collect” on the University website.
Step 5: Take the print-out of the application. Attest and attach the relevant documents. Mail it to Kannur University Campus.
- Print out of the online application form. The photograph should be self-attested.
- Attested copy of PG Certificate (Master’s degree) and mark-sheet.
- A Certificate from the university concerned showing the aggregate percentage of marks scored in the Master’s degree under grading pattern (if applicable).
- Fellowship award letter of UGC, CSIR, ICAR, ICMR, KSCSTE, or others (if applicable).
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Disability Certificate (if applicable).
PhD Courses Available
The following PhD programs are offered by Kannur University:
Agricultural Statistics, Anthropology, Arabic, Biochemistry & Immunology, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce & Management Studies, Economics, Education, English, Geography, Geology, Hindi, History, Horticulture, Information Technology, Journalism & Communication, Kannada, Library & Information Sciences, Life Science, Malayalam, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Biochemistry, Medicine, Molecular Biology, Music, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Philosophy, Psychology., Physical Education, Physics, Photochemistry, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology.Statistics, Travel & Tourism Management. Urdu , Zoology etc…
How can Study Sure Help You?
If you want to obtain admission to a PhD program at Kannur University, be sure to contact us. We help PhD aspirants to get admission in their choice of university. We also prepare our clients for the Entrance Test & Interview. We also provide many services to PhD candidates.
Contact us for admission guidance of Part Time PhD programs in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh Etc…
For PhD in Law & Thesis Writing Help (Full Term & Part Time )Please mail Or Call Mr Shajan (Cochin Office)On 8304870611 / 8547120066