Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT) PhD Admission
CUSAT offers 34 Doctoral courses in different fields of study. The UG and PG courses offered by CUSAT are also outstanding. The PhD courses from CUSAT can be pursued in either Full-Time mode of study or Part-Time mode of study. To obtain admission to a PhD program at CUSAT, a candidate needs to have passed a Master’s degree in a relevant field with at least 55% marks. The duration of a PhD program at CUSAT is three years to 5 years, depending on the mode of study.
Eligible candidates who apply for CUSAT PhD Admission will have to appear for an Entrance Test and Doctoral Interview. The admission process is based on three factors which are (i) Marks obtained in the Master’s Degree level, (ii) Marks obtained in the Written Test, and (iii) Marks obtained in the Doctoral Interview.
All the information and details regarding CUSAT PhD Admission like Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, How to Apply, Courses Offered, and others are given below.
CUSAT PhD Admission: Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria must be fulfilled for obtaining admission to a PhD program at CUSAT:
- Candidates must hold a Master’s Degree from a Government recognized University equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body.
- The minimum marks required in the Master’s Degree is 55% or a CGPA of 6.0.
- M.Phil holders with at least 55% marks from a Government recognized University are eligible to apply.
The following candidates get relaxation in minimum marks required in the Master’s Degree:
- SC/ST candidates get a 5% relaxation from 55% to 50%.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates get a 5% relaxation from 55% to 50%.
- Differently-abled candidates get a 5% relaxation from 55% to 50%.
CUSAT PhD Selection Process & Entrance Test
- Eligible candidates who have applied will have to appear for the Departmental Admission Test (DAT) which is conducted by the University.
- The DAT is comprised of Written Test & Doctoral Interview.
- The minimum pass percentage in the Written Test is 50%. For SC or ST candidates, the pass percentage is 45%.
- The candidates who have qualified the Written Test will have to appear for the Doctoral Interview.
- The Selection of the candidate depends on his or her Marks in the Master’s Degree and his or her performance in DAT.
- The weightage for the Selection is:
|Marks obtained in the Master’s Degree level||50%|
|Marks obtained in the Written Test||30%|
|Marks obtained in the Doctoral Interview||20%|
The following candidates are exempted from the Written Test of DAT:
- Candidates who possess National Research Fellowship or State Research Fellowship with valid scores.
- Candidates, qualified National or State Level Eligibility Tests organized by Government agencies.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET Lectureship examination or GATE/ ICAR/ KSCSTE/ CSIR/ NBHM/ ICSSR.
- Teachers of Universities or Colleges in Kerala approved by the University.
- Scientists working in National Level Research Laboratories, having at least five years of continuous service.
- Students from India or Abroad , coming for PhD based on specific agreements or MOU’s of the University.
- Sponsored international students under a scholarship scheme by the Government of India for a PhD program.
CUSAT PhD Admission: How to Apply?
Step 1: A candidate can apply for admission as per the Common Admission Test notification available on the universities’ official website.
Step 2: Candidates will have to contact guides of the Research Department of the concerned subject and check the availability of Research Guides.
Step 3: With the consent of a Research Guide, the candidate will have to obtain the hard-copy of the Application Form from the concerned Department.
Step 4: To obtain the hard-copy of the Application Form, the candidate will have to make a payment through a Demand Draft (DD) taken from State Bank of Travancore or State Bank of India in favour of The Registrar, CUSAT, payable at Ernakulam, Kerala.
Step 5: Candidates will have to fill the Application Form and submit it along with all the necessary and relevant documents.
Step 6: After successful submission, the candidate will receive the schedule for the Departmental Admission Test (DAT).
CUSAT PhD Admission: Courses Offered
The following PhD programs are offered by Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT):
- Applied Chemistry.
- Applied Economics.
- Atmospheric Sciences.
- Chemical Oceanography.
- Computer Applications.
- Computer Science.
- Environmental Studies.
- Geo Physics.
- Industrial Fisheries.
- Legal Studies.
- Management Studies.
- Marine Biology.
- Marine Geology.
- Marine Sciences.
- Physical Oceanography.
- Polymer Science.
- Rubber Technology.
- Ship Technology.
How can Study Sure Help You?
We at Study Sure can guide for admission to a PhD program at CUSAT. You can contact us for details regarding CUSA PhD Admission notification , PhD Fees structure, Last date for admission, entrance exam , previous years question papers, application form details etc. We specialize in PhD Admission, and we prepare our clients for the Written Test and Interview. If you want to know any details regarding the PhD programs at CUSAT and the admission process, you can contact us. We also offer many helpful services to PhD candidates during Study and Research. We also help PhD candidates to prepare their Thesis and Synopsis. In short, we can make the life of a PhD candidate very easy.
Contact us for Admission Guidance of Part Time PhD in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh Etc…
For PhD Programs & Thesis Writing Assistance in Kerala, Please mail Or Call Mr Shajan (Cochin Office)On 8304870611 / 8547120066
Or Click Here to Send Your Enquiry